The New Site is now open! (5 years ago) Which of [these facial express... Vulpin Adventure OST| "Blast to the past!", a review of Plazma Burst 2 by Duogduogduog
Sun 25th Jul 2010 2:12am
Category: Weekly Updates
I was hoping to get the site redesign done by today or earlier, but it seems I've been unsuccessful... and it's not the only thing I've not done.
I've not done the walkthrough for MARDEK 3 yet. I've not written a 'what I learned from the experience' news post about the game even though I wanted to for ages and planned in my mind what I'd write.
I've not even checked my emails all week, out of a sort of 'fear'; I think that if I see something that would involve work or responding, I'd have to do it, so avoiding it means that it isn't on my mind or something... Not a good way to be, really.
But various stresses and discomforts have been plaguing me all week, which is largely the cause for the slow progress and lack of doing things that need doing.
I've been sort of trying to organise another trip to see my girlfriend, which has been taking time and causing some stress...
I've also been concerned about my own, uh, mental condition, you could say, and sought some kind of support somewhere (online) only to be devastated and frustrated by the 'probably choleric' forceful cynicism of the people I came across there... Hmm.
And perhaps most of all, sitting had been really uncomfortable lately. I spend most of my time sitting in this chair that I've had for years, working on my computer, and most of the time sitting itself is fine and I don't feel discomfort from it. If I do, it's quite distracting and lasts two or three days, but completely fades after that for a few more weeks or months. It's been bothering me every day recently though and I've been spending most of the day fidgeting instead of working. I probably need to move around more, but that's easier said than done for me... And I probably need a chair since this one's worn, as I've had it for years.
Domestic banality aside, I think I may also miss the chatroom? Perhaps in some ways it helped relieve some of my stress? Or maybe I'm just having more stress knowing that other people are waiting for it to return and I'm taking my sweet, succulent time fixing things? So I feel hurried and unable to work as fast as I want, or something. Hmm.
Anyway, I'm going to probably try using the Recent Progress thing, updating that every time I finish something or other, to keep you posted. I've felt distant recently, different to usual; I've been avoiding the 'old' main site and I've even been avoiding anything MARDEK-related and, uh... did I say that already? I feel out of the loop or something, anyway. So I'm looking forward to making the site update official and stuff.
Here's what I've done so far:
- The 'template' for the site, with a new, better form of drop-down menus at the top...
- The Main Home Page (sort of; it could use some improvement).
- The Blog page, which is now separate to the Homepage. The Blog shows all blog entries and the Recent Progress thing, but the Home page shows only one blog entry and a sort of 'welcome' thing.
- Adding comments works.
- You can view your Message Centre (but only comments, not forum posts).
- Posting in the forum works.
- Displaying the forum works, too.
- PMs work and have been improved.
- Uh... you can log in and log out?
And here's what I still need to do:
- The Edit Stats
- You can't Mark As Read any comments from your Message Centre or anything.
- Performance section of userpages (specifically the amount of ratings given or received; this is something that REALLY needs optimising).
- Ratings stuff.
- Text formatting (links, colouring, profanity filter, etc).
- Uh, adding to the Recent Progress thing...
- A 'Community Hub' accessible when you click on the Community option (rather than a drop-down option), which shows recent forum posts and comments, as well as recently-joined members (the main forum doesn't show recent posts).
- Games page...
- Music page...
- Art page...
- FAQ, About page, Temperaments page, Encyclopaedia, etc, etc, etc...
So obviously I have more to do than I've already done. Bah... It may take some time. But hopefully not.
What I have done so far IS much faster though, and the code is neater too. Which is nice. Hopefully most problems will go away when I convert to that version.
47 Commentson 19 roots