MEMBER LOGIN   |   Username: Password:
Twitter: (The Twitter thing is temporarily down due to a Twitter-related bug or something!)
Recent Updates: The New Site is now open! (5 years ago) Which of [these facial express... Vulpin Adventure OST| "Blast to the past!", a review of Plazma Burst 2 by Rating Orb Duogduogduog
...
ForumForum Games Wilderness Survival Game Challenge Extraordinaire!

Wilderness Survival Game Challenge Extraordinaire!63 Posts

david s`s Avatar
19yr
United States
MelancholicCholeric
898F
51 / 23
Rating Orb david s, Lawful Good Paladin – joined 8 years ago ..XXX.XXX4 years ago
Congratulations! You've starved, or something!

Okay, I'm not ending this round, I'm just saying... nothing's happened. No one has done anything this cycle. I'm sure the Vietnam war is pretty tired of waiting for you guys to make a decision on what to do. I've already forgotten most of what's going on, dudes.

Could someone suggest something, or would you guys prefer the thread dies off?
ALL HAIL YALORT!!!1! Also, I PUGS!!
  (1)

david s`s Avatar
19yr
United States
MelancholicCholeric
898F
51 / 23
Rating Orb david s, Lawful Good Paladin – joined 8 years ago ..XXX.XXX4 years ago
END OF CYCLE, END OF ROUND!

Congrats! Not only are you, Private Doug Hill, dead, but so is your entire squad. What's more, you've already been decomposed into nothing more than skeletons. The jungle, being the way it is, has ensured that you're also covered in vegetation! The armoured column was in a pinch, and without any support whatsoever, they were torn to pieces, chewed apart by the V.C.

Private Doug Hill is now nothing more than a mossy skeleton. Because he didn't move for 5 months. He's not the Buddha, he needed food! Somehow I'm sure that if you guys were put in charge of the Buddha, you'd somehow manage to end up dead. XD

---How it could've gone---

Had you chosen to leave your allies trapped in the city and moved out on your own, you'd wander endlessly further into enemy lines, getting killed off and captured, tortured and then killed one by one.

Had you chosen to break through into the city with a freshly bandaged Charlie, he would have used a V.C. radio to make a fire support call "Broken Arrow", that super bad@$$ callsign that means something along the lines of "U.S. troops in imminent threat of being overrun, request immediate air support" which is answered with literally every airborne vehicle within range dropping it's payload as close to your position as possible, without intentionally BBQing you. This is the last call you'd ever want to have to make, since you're likely to take casualties from the fight as well, but it is the most mobilization you will ever see from US aircraft. With that in mind, the V.C. are held off long enough for troops to be evacuated by helicopter. You would have survived.

You would have... had you not sat there. Doing nothing. You're dead now.

Remind me to never start a selective service among figgies! XP

NEW ROUND!

The hole in the side of the "Virgin Cs" research vessel roared as water rushed in. The sputtering of the pump's engine indicated that there were only a few minutes at most left until the engine flooded and the water would rush in unchecked.

"All hands to the life rafts!" the captain orders you and the twelve other members of your crew. Hastily rushing for the exit, everyone climbs aboard the deck. Everyone, that is, except you. You are the unfortunate bad-luck-Brian of the research team. Your cabin was on the same side of the ship as the gaping hole in the side, and given the incoming rush of water, it is impossible for you to open your door. Frantically calling for help, your voice goes unheard by the rest of the crew, now on the deck, not knowing of your position but assuming they simply can't see you in the storm.

A climatological vessel sinking in a storm, you laugh at the morbid irony as you push yourself away from the door and look out the window of your cabin. The waves look so white from below that it makes you think of ice cream being tossed around in a machine.

Suddenly a brilliant insight comes to mind! You grab the lamp off the floor, the lamp that had been on your nightstand, and smash it through the glass! It takes several swings, of course, but eventually the thin glass pane snaps with the pressure from the outside and the impact from the inside. Water rushes in through the small hole so fast that you couldn't possibly swim out, and even if you could the size of the window was much too small. However, this was not your plan, not at all.

As the water rushes in, it fills your cabin. In mere moments the water is high enough that the pressure on the inside of your door is close to that of the water on the outside, and with a great shove, you make it out.

Climbing to the deck, you find that the crew has already abandoned ship. Now stuck on a sicking vessel, you contemplate what to do next.

Location: Unknown specifics, Caribbean sea.
Name: St. Vincent Sao Tome.
Occupation: Meteorological researcher and high-school Principe.
Weapons: A Grenada, which you cast aside for having no use of it.(Literally tossing it in the ocean.)
What are you doing?: Jamaican the best of the situation, that's what you're doing, and you're Haitian every minute of it.
What objects do you find to salvage?: 1 ship's First-aid kit, 3 cans unmarked canned food, 1 ~30 ft. hemp cord, 1 rain gauge,(Basically a small glass cup.) a box of(10) garbage bags,(Black plastic bags, large enough to fit a hooker's body, provided that you fold her up and she isn't wearing a fur coat.) 1 white lab coat, 1 inflatable emergency raft,(Outdated, but hopefully it'll inflate.) 1 roll of duck tape, 1 Panama hat, 1 short machette,(with saw-toothed back.) a goose and a bag of seed. Alas, the goose flies off before you can nab the bugger.

...Domincan Republic.

You toss the automatically inflating raft into the water and hope it floats. After your heart stops as it sinks, it gradually floats back up as it inflates from its air canister. You look at the things you have found, and at the raft, and you realize something: You won't be able to carry all of it in the raft. o_O Thankfully the rain will be kept out of the raft so you don't sink, since it does have a bright orange roof, but it lacks the room needed for everything plus you. Either you'll have to save everything but yourself, or you're going to have to leave some stuff behind.

No, there's nothing that would float like a raft to carry the other stuff on, you checked.

Why not let the stuff that floats be toed behind? Because I said so, and I am god here.

Why not put the stuff in the raft and swim along with it? That defeats the point of a raft, and you'd likely die in the BLOODY HURRICANE THAT SUNK YOUR CRUISER!(B-3!)

CYCLE 1 CHOICE TIEMZ! :D

Righto, since this is the first round in eons, I'll start you out with a simple choice. Again, feel free to ask questions and come up with suggested ideas. 1 vote per issue per person.

Choice: You must ditch 3 of the items listed before. These items do not include ditching yourself, the raft or the Grenada.(Since you already ditched that. No, you cannot have it back. I'm sure it would be great for fishing, but it wasn't put there for that, it was put there as another country joke.) Any object in the list that included more than one thing still counts as only 1 item. In other words, 3 cans count as 1 item, 10 garbage bags count as 1 item and so on. You must ditch 3 items.

What kind of seed is it, you ask? Haruhi knows! You'd have to bring it with you to find out. What type of sack is it? That's an odd question, but if you must know, the seed is in a burlap sack.(Potentially useful, eh?)

You don't really have time for further analysis.

So go off and vote and such! I'll end this round, uh, when I get a... round... to it.(*Ba dum tss*)
ALL HAIL YALORT!!!1! Also, I PUGS!!
  (1)

david s`s Avatar
19yr
United States
MelancholicCholeric
898F
51 / 23
Rating Orb david s, Lawful Good Paladin – joined 8 years ago ..XXX.XXX3 years ago
Just reminding you guys that this thread still exists... so if you want pugs in this game, you'll have to play.

*Stakes. If you want stakes in this game.

If you want pugs in it, you'll have to play as well.

I'm only posting now because the site seems to be a little bit more active, so this is definitely a plus, no? I think pugs perhaps.

Anyway, I miss playing this well, and I know the last two rounds didn't go so well because I had... odd scenarios, but we're back to real survival now! So, uh, say stuff and vote maybe?
ALL HAIL YALORT!!!1! Also, I PUGS!!
  (0)

Page 7 of 7: